03 March 2009

R.I.P. my warm light bulb



I for all saving the environment, but with the news of the EU banning the old light bulbs come September first reaching my ears I can't help but feel a little sad. Of course I am happy for the energy and emissions saved. A little less happy about about the mercury in the energy efficient ones. And really quite sad about not being able to have my old desk lamp filled with the warm glow of a 60W lightbulb. I will truly miss the 95% of the energy being used to light a normal lightlbulb going to heat my cold illustrator hands on a wintery day. But of course this heat is wasteful so it just has to go. I just hope they make energy saving bulbs with a warmer glow... (I find they cast a more greenish blue light)...

http://redgreenandblue.org/2008/10/11/eu-bans-incandescent-light-bulbs/

No comments: